Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday featured Artist - Tejae Floyde

Its Monday again.

And that means it is time for me to feature another wonderful clay artist on my blog. Today my feature is on Tejae Floyde of TejaesArt on Etsy. Tejae is the current president of the PCAGOE. Tejae has her own blog as well. You can find it here.

How long have you been "playing with clay"?
I've been playing and claying for about 7 years. I would have started 2 years earlier when I had read an article about Kathleen Dustin. She was showing her work at a local art center. I fell in love with her colors and how she described the medium. I went right out and puchased 3 bars of clay. They sat unused for 2 years because I couldn't find any information on polymer clay. The lack of information was an issue for several people. My name got added to a list of pending members who might be interested in starting a local guild. The Pikes Peak Polymer Clay Guild was born and it's been going strong ever since.

Where do you find inspiration?
Inspiration is all around us, emotion, color, textures, nature, other artists. I'm inspired alot by wanting to try something new. Maybe a new twist on something that has already been done.

Where do you do your create?
I have a rather large studio space to create my work. I work with various mediums including polymer clay so it's nice to be able to spread out and not worry about leaving things in a mess.

What is the item that you have created that you love the most?
I started creating encased hearts back a few years ago. I love creating them. I've created several over the years that I adore. My favorite and most recent one is the Mermaid's Heart.

Tejae's work is very unique and stunning. She has been published several times including 400 polymer clay designs by Lark Books, PolymerCafe, Somerset Studios, Pastacio and AmericanStyle magazine. This year Tejae will be published in the 2008 Progress and Possibilites book by the National Polymer Clay Guild.

Here are a couple of items that showcase Tejae's talent.

Thanks Tejae for allowing me to feature you on my blog! Please visit Tejae's shop on etsy and her blog!

No comments: