Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I am a little late this week but here it is...the weekly featured artist!
This week, I am featuring Sonya of Whimsicality4U on Etsy.

How long have you been "playing with clay"?
I started "playing" with polymer clay about 5 years ago. I haven't turned back since.

Where do you find inspiration?
I'm greatly inspired by the "Altered Art" and "Upcycled Art" movements that are storming our culture. CLOTH PAPER SCISSORS is a wonderfully inspirational periodical for anyone feeling a little stumped. I love just about everything that STAMPINGTON PRESS publishes - the colors and textures used are gorgeous!
Where do you create?
I am very fortunate to have a home studio that used to be a "WOOD SHOP" for the previous owner. It's now bubbling over with tidbits of just about everything you could imagine. But what may look like complete chaos to some, actually spurs my imagination and puts me in the mood "to create."

What is the item that you have created that you love the most?
I've created so many things over these past 5 years; but when I make something really special, I just can't part with it. So those pieces go into my personal jewelry box. I have about 8 pieces in there right now. Some are new additions - others have been with me since I first started. The one I've held onto the longest is a bracelet made of sculpted floral beads in an emerald green color palette - after I finished that one I NEVER DID ANOTHER.

Here are a couple of items made by Whimsicality4U.


Thanks very much Sonya for being this week's blog feature!

No comments: