Monday, March 30, 2009

Featured Artist - NKDesigns

Happy Monday!


I would like to feature another fantastic clay artist on my blog today...Linda from NK Designs. She has an Etsy shop here and also a blog here.

How long have you been "playing with clay"?
I started using polymer clay about 8 years ago when I retired from Stony Brook Hospital, Long Island, New York. What started out as a hobby has become an obsession and I have clayed almost every day since then. I also teach polymer clay in the spring and fall in the Adult Education Department in Smithtown, New York.

Where do you find inspiration?
I find inspiration from other artists' work. I see something made so beautifully and I will try to put my own spin on it and change it up. Of course, most artists find inspiration in nature with colors and textures. I might see an interesting flower and try to duplicate it with a cane.

Where do you create?
I have a studio in my basement. My husband bought me a TV, two tables; one for clay and one for finishing with beads and findings. I love working there as I can leave a piece and come back to it later on. In other words, I don't have to clean up all the time. LOL.

What is the item that you have created that you love the most?
I don't have one particular item I like more than the others. Each piece I create is unique. I love all the different techniques and I am constantly creating new pendants.

I really love Linda's work, especially the wonderful ways she finishes her pieces with resin. Here are a couple of her amazing pieces.






Thanks so much Linda of NK Designs for letting me feature your work on my blog!

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Fantastic, Tina! You featured one of the truly beautiful people in the world today, a talented artist and a wonderful friend to me and all PCAGOE members. Linda is always willing to share her techniques and offer tips to anyone wanting to learn more about polymer clay. She's the best!

Tina said...

I am truly blushing Lynda! Thanks!

I would also like to chime in about Linda of NKDesigns. She is extremely helpful! It is so wonderful to find such amazing people online....yourself included!